Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Triple ETF Options Landscape

By Bill Luby on July 21, 2009 | More Posts By Bill Luby | Author's Website

Since I find myself increasingly active in trading options in triple ETFs, I thought readers might find it interesting to see a graphic of some important options data on the triple ETFs currently in the market.

Utilizing data from iVolatility.com, the spreadsheet below captures the average options volume, open interest and current implied volatility for the 12 pairs of triple ETFs. I have separated the ETFs into four groups: broad index ETFs (market cap focus); sector ETFs; geography ETFs; and bond ETFs. I have also color coded the top five pairs in terms of liquidity in green, with two additional pairs highlighted in yellow that I believe are liquid enough to trade, though do not yet have the following of the “big five.” I will refrain from additional comments, other than to note that I believe a lot of additional information of interest can be gleaned from this relatively simple graphic.

For a related post, see: Using Options to Control Risk in Leveraged ETFs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kalender Ekonomi & Event


Live Economic Calendar Powered by Forexpros - The Leading Financial Portal